Solar Subsidy Yojana 2023
The Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana (SRSSY) is a government subsidy scheme for installing solar rooftop photovoltaic (PV) systems. The scheme is currently open to residential, commercial and industrial consumers. Under the scheme, the government provides a subsidy of 30% of the cost of installing a solar PV system, up to a maximum of ₹1 million (US$14,000). The SRSSY is part of the Indian government’s goal to install 100 gigawatts (GW) of solar PV capacity.
Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana Benefits
- Solar photovoltaic (PV) systems can help you save money on your electricity bills and protect you against rising utility rates.
- Solar PV systems are eligible for state and federal tax credits and rebates, which can further reduce the costs of installation and ownership.
- Solar PV systems have little or no maintenance costs, and they can last for decades with proper care.
- Solar PV systems increase the value of your home or business, making it a wise investment in addition to saving you money on energy costs.
- Solar PV systems produce clean, renewable energy that helps reduce our reliance on fossil fuels and protects the environment.
The Future of Solar Energy considers only the two widely recognized classes of technologies for converting solar energy into electricity — photovoltaics (PV) and concentrated solar power (CSP), sometimes called solar thermal) — in their current and plausible future forms.
We concentrate on the use of grid-connected solar-powered generators to replace conventional sources of electricity. For the more than one billion people in the developing world who lack access to a reliable electric grid, the cost of small-scale PV generation is often outweighed by the very high value of access to electricity for lighting and charging mobile telephone and radio batteries. In addition, in some developing nations it may be economic to use solar generation to reduce reliance on imported oil, particularly if that oil must be moved by truck to remote generator sites.
Now, with solar photovoltaic technology becoming more and more affordable, scalable and accessible, that dream is getting closer to reality. This online course looks at solar PV in depth, examining its potential for today and the near future, exploring the technical challenges, and assessing the commercial opportunities. It offers you an unparalleled insight into the global solar power market, and will give you the knowledge and practical details to shape and lead the future of solar energy.