Karnataka Lead Indian States in Clean Electricity TransitionPolicy measures : the Karnataka Renewable Energy Policy (2022-27)
Karnataka will soon be the flag bearer of the country’s renewable energy sector as it is already the single largest ethanol production hub in Asia
- It provides for developing the State as a hub of renewable energy generation as well as manufacturing of equipment related to renewable energy.
- It also envisages upgrading the renewable energy generation capacity of the State to 10 GW in the next five years. This includes 1 GW of rooftop solar energy. Presently, the State has renewable energy generation capacity of 15,392 MW.
- It aims at developing Karnataka as the major exporter of renewable energy to other States by utilising the opportunities in the State for maximining renewable energy generation.
- The policy also envisages economic development of Karnataka by attracting investments in the field of renewable energy generation in a massive way.
- the new policy is focusing on creation of market for development of suitable storage capacity for the proposed increase in generation of the renewable energy. As part of measures to increase generation of renewable energy, the policy wants to promote floating solar and hybrid generation units in the hydel stations.
Solar Subsidy Yojana 2023
The Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana (SRSSY) is a government subsidy scheme for installing solar rooftop photovoltaic (PV) systems. The scheme is currently open to residential, commercial and industrial consumers. Under the scheme, the government provides a subsidy of 30% of the cost of installing a solar PV system, up to a maximum of ₹1 million (US$14,000). The SRSSY is part of the Indian government’s goal to install 100 gigawatts (GW) of solar PV capacity.
Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana Benefits
- Solar photovoltaic (PV) systems can help you save money on your electricity bills and protect you against rising utility rates.
- Solar PV systems are eligible for state and federal tax credits and rebates, which can further reduce the costs of installation and ownership.
- Solar PV systems have little or no maintenance costs, and they can last for decades with proper care.
- Solar PV systems increase the value of your home or business, making it a wise investment in addition to saving you money on energy costs.
- Solar PV systems produce clean, renewable energy that helps reduce our reliance on fossil fuels and protects the environment.
Solar Business Opportunities
The growing demand for green energy has made solar products more relevant in present times. The following are some of the recognized and undeveloped prospects for the solar energy business in India:
- Solar Projects to Develop and Own
You can also continue to work on your solar projects. All you have to do now is assemble a team of experts in solar energy and equipment. Utilize your previous experience executing solar projects by developing and implementing a solid business plan, acquiring funds, and finally constructing it.
- Consultants for Solar Projects
During the solar installation project, you will be expected to supervise, monitor, and offer recommendations as a consultant. You'll be in charge of guiding clients through the whole solar installation procedure. You can either work for yourself or for a consulting firm.
- Auditing of Solar Energy
This opportunity is for people who have a deep understanding of the energy situation and how to meet energy demands. This is a prerequisite for anyone interested in having solar panels installed on their property. Starting this business requires a small investment. An auditor can act as a salesperson, promoting environmental conservation through the use of natural and renewable energy sources such as solar power, as well as advising clients on how to regulate and limit their energy consumption.
- Solar Product Distribution
In India, starting a distribution company in the solar energy sector could be a great business opportunity. Once you've discovered a reputable solar product manufacturer in your area, you'll need to find distributors. Then you can start trading and making money.
The Future of Solar Energy considers only the two widely recognized classes of technologies for converting solar energy into electricity — photovoltaics (PV) and concentrated solar power (CSP), sometimes called solar thermal) — in their current and plausible future forms.
We concentrate on the use of grid-connected solar-powered generators to replace conventional sources of electricity. For the more than one billion people in the developing world who lack access to a reliable electric grid, the cost of small-scale PV generation is often outweighed by the very high value of access to electricity for lighting and charging mobile telephone and radio batteries. In addition, in some developing nations it may be economic to use solar generation to reduce reliance on imported oil, particularly if that oil must be moved by truck to remote generator sites.
Now, with solar photovoltaic technology becoming more and more affordable, scalable and accessible, that dream is getting closer to reality. This online course looks at solar PV in depth, examining its potential for today and the near future, exploring the technical challenges, and assessing the commercial opportunities. It offers you an unparalleled insight into the global solar power market, and will give you the knowledge and practical details to shape and lead the future of solar energy.