Karnataka Lead Indian States in Clean Electricity TransitionPolicy measures : the Karnataka Renewable Energy Policy (2022-27)
Karnataka will soon be the flag bearer of the country’s renewable energy sector as it is already the single largest ethanol production hub in Asia
- It provides for developing the State as a hub of renewable energy generation as well as manufacturing of equipment related to renewable energy.
- It also envisages upgrading the renewable energy generation capacity of the State to 10 GW in the next five years. This includes 1 GW of rooftop solar energy. Presently, the State has renewable energy generation capacity of 15,392 MW.
- It aims at developing Karnataka as the major exporter of renewable energy to other States by utilising the opportunities in the State for maximining renewable energy generation.
- The policy also envisages economic development of Karnataka by attracting investments in the field of renewable energy generation in a massive way.
- the new policy is focusing on creation of market for development of suitable storage capacity for the proposed increase in generation of the renewable energy. As part of measures to increase generation of renewable energy, the policy wants to promote floating solar and hybrid generation units in the hydel stations.
Solar Business Opportunities
The growing demand for green energy has made solar products more relevant in present times. The following are some of the recognized and undeveloped prospects for the solar energy business in India:
- Solar Projects to Develop and Own
You can also continue to work on your solar projects. All you have to do now is assemble a team of experts in solar energy and equipment. Utilize your previous experience executing solar projects by developing and implementing a solid business plan, acquiring funds, and finally constructing it.
- Consultants for Solar Projects
During the solar installation project, you will be expected to supervise, monitor, and offer recommendations as a consultant. You'll be in charge of guiding clients through the whole solar installation procedure. You can either work for yourself or for a consulting firm.
- Auditing of Solar Energy
This opportunity is for people who have a deep understanding of the energy situation and how to meet energy demands. This is a prerequisite for anyone interested in having solar panels installed on their property. Starting this business requires a small investment. An auditor can act as a salesperson, promoting environmental conservation through the use of natural and renewable energy sources such as solar power, as well as advising clients on how to regulate and limit their energy consumption.
- Solar Product Distribution
In India, starting a distribution company in the solar energy sector could be a great business opportunity. Once you've discovered a reputable solar product manufacturer in your area, you'll need to find distributors. Then you can start trading and making money.